Get to New England, rent a car, and hit the road!
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet New England’s Best Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering New England by car. Featuring 32 amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, you can enjoy the soaking peaks and lush valleys of the White Mountains or explore maritime history on a tour through Maine, all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet New England’s Best Trips:
• Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout.
• Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests.
• Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions.
• Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip.
Covers: Massachusetts, Connecticut & Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Coastal New England, Boston, Plymouth, White Mountains, Newport and more.