Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Northern California.
With soaring peaks, vast coastline and the tallest of the world’s trees, Northern California in-spires all who visit to dream that much bigger.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Northern California, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, customs, film, television, music, arts, literature, landscapes, wildlife.
• Over 18 color maps.
Coverage includes: San Francisco, the Bay Area, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Coastal Highway 1, Redding, Gold Country, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Sierra Nevada, Sacramento and more.