Get to the heart of the best of Washington, DC and begin your journey now!
Lonely Planet Pocket Washington, DC is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Climb the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, tour the White House and learn about the presidents who’ve lived here, be moved by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Pocket Washington, DC:
• Full-color maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Free, convenient pull-out Washington, DC map (included in print version), plus over 11 color neighborhood maps.
• User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time.
Coverage Includes: National Mall, White House Area, Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Downtown, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan and more.