Sinopsis de Provence & the Côte d'Azur 8:
Lonely Planet Provence & the Cote d’Azur is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Try local cheese and wine in hilltop villages overlooking lavender fields, relax on the beaches of St-Tropez, or try your luck in Monaco’s famous casino; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Provence & the Cote d’Azur:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, cinema, architecture, literature, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine, and more.
• Over 32 local maps.
Covers: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, the Camargue, Arles, Nice, Monaco, Menton, Cannes, St-Tropez, Toulon, Avignon, Hill Towns of the Luberon, Haute-Provence, Southern Alps, and more.