Get to the heart of Sardinia and begin your journey now!
Sardinia captivates with its wild hinterland, out-of-this-world beaches and endearing eccentricities. Here coastal drives thrill, prehistory puzzles and four million sheep rule the roads. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Sardinia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Sardinia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get pleasantly lost in Sardinia’s wild Barbagia and Ogliastra provinces, kayak through the sea grottoes of Golfo di Orosei, or boulder-hop at Gola Su Gorropu - Europe’s Grand Canyon; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Sardinia Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, customs, art, music, literature, politics, cuisine, wine.
• Over 34 maps.
Coverage Includes: Cagliari, the Sarrabus, Iglesias, Oristano, Alghero, Olbia, the Costa Smeralda, the Gallura, Nuoro, Orgosolo, Tiscali, Golfo di Orosei, Gola Su Gorropu, Grotta di Nettuno, Bosa, and more.