Get to the heart of Venice & the Veneto and begin your journey now!
Imagine the audacity of building a city of marble palaces on a lagoon – and that was only the start. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Venice & the Veneto, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Absorb the architecture and mosaics at Basilica di San Marco, cruise the Grand Canal aboard a gondola, trace the development of Venetian art at the Gallerie dell'Accademia; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto Travel Guide:
• Full-colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, literature, cinema, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine.
• Free, convenient pull-out Venice map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour maps.
Coverage Includes: San Marco, Dorsoduro, San Polo & Santa Croce, Cannaregio, Castello, Guidecca, Lido, Murano, Burano, and more.